Friday, February 25, 2011

Gingersnap Cupcakes

Gingersnap cupcakes with cream cheese icing......all made without refined sugar and with a little help from my OmniBlend V blender!

I grew up with a few family members that had a sugar sensitivity and watched my parents modify recipes so that we could all enjoy home made deserts.  "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" as the saying goes, as I too, enjoy the challenge....and my family is happy and healthier for it.

gingersnap cupcakes & cream cheese icing...all made without refined sugar!
 gingersnap cupcake recipe:
    • 1 C. pitted honey dates
    • 1 C. water
    • 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
    • 1/4 C. canola oil
    • 1/4 C. black strap molasses
    • 1/4 tsp. salt
    • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    • 1/2 tsp. ginger
    • 1/4 tsp. cloves
    • 1 egg
    • 1 C. flour ~ I used 3/4 C. whole buckwheat flour (I used my OmniBlend to make the buckwheat flour) and 1/4 C. spelt flour ~
    • 1/4 C. water
- blend first 9 ingredients in OmniBlend V blender for 60 sec.
- reduce to low and add egg until just mixed (maybe 5 sec.)
- pour liquid mixture into a bowl with the flour and stir until moistened
- rinse the blender with 1/4 C. water and pour into batter and mix again


bake @ 375 for 20 min.  makes 11 large cupcakes


cream cheese icing:
  • 1/4 C spreadable cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
cream together with a fork until smooth
spread over cupcakes and enjoy!

Amber

2 comments:

  1. You can even make the cream cheese healthier without dairy by using nuts . yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, I'd love to try making icing with nuts. Do you have a favorite recipe you'd like to share?
    Amber

    ReplyDelete